Call for Presentations
You are invited to submit presentation ideas for consideration at future NeoCon shows produced by MMPI. A leader in trade show development, management
and production. MMPI produces more than 300 trade shows, market events and conferences
If you have an interesting program idea, you are invited to submit an application for our Call For Presentation.
By submitting a program, you will help shape the educational conferences at
various MMPI events and the future of your industry. If selected as a conference
speaker, you will gain visibility in the industry and contribute to the advancement
of your profession. Complete the application and return it by the deadline listed for each show.
Members of the Program Advisory Committee evaluate all proposed programs based
on the following criteria: overall quality, relevance to the industry, well-defined
focus within the program track structure, practical applications of material,
timeliness of the topic and speaker qualifications.
To be considered as a speaker, your program must be educational in nature that
is, sales presentations will not be accepted. Industry manufacturers or vendors not exhibiting
in the trade show are not eligible to submit presentation proposals. In addition, your material should
be original; otherwise, sources must be referenced. For multiple speakers,
each speaker must agree to this submission. Incomplete program submission will
not be considered.
The final program selections and notifications will
be made four months prior to the show. You will be notified only if your program is selected.
Your program should address one of the educational tracks and program categories
listed. Programs should be one hour in length of time, including a brief
session for question and answer. We will seek continuing education unit (CEU)
accreditation for all programs once they are selected. Programs should not consist
of more than three speakers, including the moderator.
If travel is necessary, MMPI will provide round-trip coach airfare and one
nights hotel accommodations for those eligible speakers selected to present. No travel
or hotel expenses will be paid by MMPI for speakers currently employed by manufacturers,
permanent showrooms in The Mart exhibitors or members of the Press. Speakers added after the selection process will not be reimbursed for hotel/travel expenses.
eligible speakers hotel and travel expenses without honorarium.
NeoCon®, June 9-10, 2014; Chicago, IL Submissions due October 30, 2013
NeoCon® East, October 29-30, 2014; Baltimore,
MD. Submissions due April 1, 2014
Steps For Submitting Your Program Idea
To be considered, complete the following steps on the abstract form.
- Enter the title of your presentation.
- Rate your course as basic, intermediate or advanced.
- Fill in the name, professional affiliation (if applicable), title, company or organization, address, telephone, fax number and e-mail addresses of all presenters (no more than three, including moderator).
- Prepare a 40-50 word description of your presentation.
- Summarize course objectives, learning outcomes and specific skills attendees can expect to gain from your presentation.
- Attach a mandatory brief professional biography for each presenter.
- Indicate if you have a book and would like to do a book signing.
- Indicate if you will submit a 3-5 page written paper for conference proceedings.
- Select the show(s) at which you are interested in presenting.
- Select the educational track most appropriate for your topic.
- Indicate the target audience.
Submit your application online or mail a copy, postmarked by the submission
Director of Programming
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 470
Chicago, IL 60654 USA
By completing and returning the application, you will be considered to present an educational
seminar at selected MMPI-produced conferences. For more information
on MMPI, see our homepage.